QA Paint Inspection Services for Facility Owners
Are you a Facility Owner looking for QA Paint Inspection Services?
KTA’s nationwide staff of highly-trained coatings inspectors provides QA inspection of the painting process on behalf of facility owners in order to provide a greater degree of confidence that the workmanship and quality control (QC) efforts of the contractor conform to the painting specification and contract documents. KTA’s approach does not duplicate contractor QC functions. It provides an audit function documenting the contractor’s control of the key stages of the surface preparation and coating application process. This is accomplished through review of QC documentation, daily and periodic visual observations, confirmatory testing and duplicate spot checks of critical coatings inspection hold points (such as surface cleanliness, coating dry film thickness, etc).
KTA's field staff is trained in accordance with:
- SSPC-QP 5 (“Standard Procedure for Evaluating Qualification of Coating and Lining Inspection Companies”) certification program (Level I, II, and III).
- NACE Coatings Inspector Program (Level 1, 2 or Certified – Level 3)
- SSPC Bridge Coatings Inspectors
- ANSI N45.2.6 (ASTM D4537) “Qualifications of Inspection, Examination, and Testing Personnel for Nuclear Power Plants”
- Many other industry-specific training and safety regimens
- Operator Qualifications
Why Use KTA For Your QA Paint Inspection Services?
Observation of the construction process begins with review of the project specification by a KTA Project Manager which may include a review of the contractor’s coatings submittals to verify conformance with the criteria of the painting specification. From this, a project-specific inspection plan is developed by the PM and coatings inspector. KTA’s QA services focus on verifying that the agreed-upon programs are implemented by the contractor throughout the construction phase and that the QC processes meet the requirements of the specification. KTA’s paint inspector remains on-site full-time during all periods of active surface preparation or coating application, and documents coatings inspection measurements and observations utilizing customized KTA inspection report forms. The KTA Inspector provides through concise daily documentation detailing progress, observations, and results of quality assurance measurements made during each work shift.
Our QA Paint Inspection Services Will Help Facility Owners By:
- Providing Confidence in Project Quality
- Representing Your Best Interests by Acting as your Eyes and Ears Onsite
- Verifying QC Tests are Performed to Specified Standards
- Documenting & Reporting of Work Without Bias
- Apprise you of Quality Issues and Work Progress
Contact Our Coatings Inspection Group:
Kimmer Cline, PE, PCS – Coatings Group Manager
(412) 746-4254, firstname.lastname@example.org
Connecticut – 860-283-4967
New York City – 718-224-4567
New York – 716-692-4600
Florida – 727-526-7802
Ohio – 419-236-1292