I am interested in becoming a KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) employee. How do I apply?
Inspection recruiting for Coatings, Concrete, NDE, and Steel Inspector positions occurs year-round. However, job offers are extended based on business needs. The majority of our hiring is performed in the spring of each year.
For all positions, an opening must be posted to apply online. If an opening is not currently posted matching your qualifications, you can use the Contact Us section of this website to inquire about future opportunities.
To apply: Click on the Career Opportunities option under the Career tab, select the position matching your qualifications and complete the online application.
What qualities does KTA look for in inspection candidates? What are the basic requirements of this position?
Successful KTA inspectors have the following qualities and qualifications:
- Excellent personal, business and work ethic.
- Current AMPP Certified Coating Inspector (NACE CIP Level 2) or higher certification for coatings inspectors, ACI and/or PCI certificate for concrete inspectors, and CWI certificate for steel inspectors.
- SSPC BCI and C3 preferred.
- TWIC card preferred.
- Positive attitude, and qualities that match our core values: Passionate, Hardworking, Honest, and Professional.
- Excellent communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to meet rigorous physical requirements of duties, including climbing heights of 100 feet or more, walk on uneven ground or terrain, inclement weather (including hot, cold, and rain/snow), crawling for extended periods of time, bending, working in confined spaces (e.g., enter a 24″ diameter space), and safely lift 25 pounds.
- Possess close color distance depth vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess good manual dexterity (ability to handle small objects, instruments and gages).
- Ability to wear a respirator and detect smells.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Reliable transportation.
An inspector’s job is frequently stressful and you must be able to handle yourself under pressure.
What if I want to be considered for multiple positions?
You will need to apply for each open position to be considered for other positions.
Where is KTA located? Am I required to relocate?
Our corporate office is located in Findlay Township area of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Most administrative and management positions are located in the corporate office; however, inspectors, consultants, and project managers are employed throughout the United States.
Does KTA provide the necessary equipment and reimburse for on-the-job expenses when traveling?
KTA requires employees to use company-owned instruments. Approved expenses are reimbursed on a weekly basis when submitted in accordance with company procedures.
Are background checks required including checking my credit?
Background checks are required for all positions that work in the field or that visit client job sites. This is for the safety of our clients and our employees. KTA does not check the credit of our employees. We do however, check federal, state, and county criminal activity as well as motor vehicle reports.
I have extensive experience but do not have the certifications. I heard KTA invests in training; will you put me through the training?
All candidates must have the minimum certifications and experience as listed on the job posting to be considered for the positions. KTA does invest heavily in training of existing employees.
Where can I learn more about the certifications you require to become an inspector?
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at KTA! If this list of Frequently Asked Questions did not answer your questions or concerns, please send an e-mail email@example.com for career questions and firstname.lastname@example.org for other questions regarding KTA.