Concrete Inspection Services
Are you looking for Concrete Inspection Services?
KTA concrete inspectors are trained to perform precast and prestressed structural concrete inspection in accordance with PCI MNL-116, “Manual for Quality Control for Plants and Production of Precast and Prestressed Concrete Products” and AWS D1.4/D1.4M Structural Welding Code-Reinforcing Steel. KTA assists clients by verifying that precast/prestressed structural units comply with the project specifications.
KTA's Concrete Inspection Services Offer the Following:
- Visual inspection
- Material Test Report verification
- Pre-tension Loading/Elongation verification
- Accurate and timely reporting of inspections
- Verification of mix design
- Monitoring processes
- Verification of compliance with Quality Control Plan(QCP)
- Verify Quality Control (QC) findings
- Review of QC documents
- Verify re-bar and strand placement
- Verify placement of inserts, embedments, and anchorages
- Verify cure strength
- Verify proper cribbing and storage
- Verify final inspections (i.e. dimensional, camber, finishing)
Why Use KTA for Concrete Inspection?
Utilizing thoroughly trained and experienced inspectors, KTA verifies and documents that the concrete is placed in continuous operation and is in accordance with PCI MNL-116 for the measuring, mixing, transporting, and placing of wet concrete. KTA witnesses fabricator Quality Control (QC) personnel perform required concrete testing and documentation of test results.
The concrete inspection process begins with the verification of raw materials compliance with the required specifications. Confirmation that the steel reinforcement and strand is placed and tensioned in accordance with approved drawings. KTA inspectors verify that the forms are dimensionally correct and the placement of the concrete is in accordance to plans and specifications. Final inspection of the finished product verifies curing and finishing operations. KTA observes the processes from beginning to end and verifies that all the proper steps were followed to provide a quality product that meets the specification for the Client.
KTA’s Precast/Prestressed Concrete Inspection Will Help Answer the Following:
- Was the proper mix design used?
- Did the slump meet requirements?
- Was there too much air in the batch?
- Were the reinforcing steel and embedments placed correctly?
- Were the strands tensioned and released in accordance to the approved tensioning procedure?
- Was the pour vibrated properly to reduce placement segregation and voids?
- Does the final product conform to the contract documents?
Contact Our Steel and Concrete Inspection Group: