Frequently Asked Questions About Employment
- I am interested in becoming a KTA-Tator, Inc. (KTA) employee. How do I apply?
- What qualities does KTA look for in inspection candidates? What are the basic requirements of this position?
- What if I want to be considered for multiple positions?
- Where is KTA located? Am I required to relocate?
- Does KTA provide the necessary equipment and reimburse for on-the-job expenses when traveling?
- Are background checks required including checking my credit?
- I have extensive experience but do not have the certifications. I heard KTA invests in training; will you put me through the training?
- Where can I learn more about the certifications you require to become an inspector?
Inspection recruiting for Coatings, Concrete, and Steel positions occurs year round. However, job offers are extended based on business needs. The majority of our hiring is performed in the spring of each year.
To apply: make it a regular habit to visit KTA Jobs to view company openings posted on our careers page. We accept applications for open positions only.
Successful KTA inspectors have the following qualities and qualifications:
- Excellent personal, business and work ethic.
- Current NACE 2 or higher CIP certification for coatings inspectors, ACI for concrete inspectors, and CWI for steel inspectors.
- SSPC BCI and C3 preferred.
- TWIC card perferred.
- Positive attitude.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Professional image.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Willingness and ability to work shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Ability to meet rigorous physical requirements of duties, including climbing heights of 100 feet or more, walk on uneven ground or terrain, inclement weather (including hot, cold, and rain/snow), crawling for extended periods of time, bending, working in confined spaces (e.g., enter a 24″ diameter space), and safely lift 25 pounds.
- Possess close color distance depth vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Possess good manual dexterity (ability to handle small objects, instruments and gages).
- Ability to wear a respirator and detect smells.
- Ability to speak and hear.
- Reliable transportation.
An inspector’s job is frequently stressful and you must be able to handle yourself under pressure.
You will need to apply for each open position to be considered for other positions. However, you will only have to update your profile. You will not need to answer all of the previous employment questions again.
Our corporate office is located in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Most administrative and management positions are located in the corporate office; however, inspectors, consultants, and project managers are employed throughout the United States.
KTA requires employees to use company-owned instruments. Personal laptops are allowed. Approved expenses are reimbursed on a weekly basis when submitted in accordance with company procedures.
Background checks are required for all positions that work in the field or that visit client job sites. This is for the safety of our clients and our employees. KTA does not check the credit of our employees. We do however, check both federal, state, and county criminal activity as well as motor vehicle reports.
All candidates must have the minimum certifications and experience as listed on the job posting to be considered for the positions. KTA does invest heavily in training of existing employees.
Thank you for your interest in employment opportunities at KTA! If this list of Frequently Asked Questions did not answer your questions or concerns, please send an e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for career questions and email@example.com for other questions regarding KTA.