Wind Driven Rain Testing
KTA-Tator offers Wind Driven Rain Testing to meet ASTM D6904: Standard Test Method for Resistance to Wind-Driven Rain for Exterior Coatings Applied on Masonry. This method assesses a coatings ability to resist water absorption or coating erosion under conditions simulating a category 1 hurricane.
Our Wind Driven Rain Testing Includes:
- Testing of One (1) liquid Coating Sample.
- Coating application by brush or roller at the specified wet film thickness
- Please add extra services for Conventional or Airless Spray Application
- Report Delivery. *Delivery time assumes 7 days cure at standard conditions*
- Minimum Sample Size of 1 quart, Maximum is 1 gallon for brush and roll application
- Minimum Sample Size of 1.5 gallons, Maximum is 2 gallons for airless spray application
For samples requiring coating application by conventional spray gun, please add the extra service during your order for $300.
For samples requiring coating application by airless spray gun, please add the extra service during your order for $500.
Need A Custom Quote for Testing? Click Send Custom Order for A Custom Quote.
Sample Submission Process:
- Place Your Order with KTA
- Complete Chain of Custody (COC) Forms
- Forms will be sent to the email used during checkout.
- Ship Your Samples Per the Test Guidelines Above
- Please Print Your Order Confirmation and Include it with Each Sample Shipment.
- Receive Your Report
- Our Laboratory will send your final report to the email provided.
WHY USE KTA?
KTA’s comprehensive lab services provide clients with independent, accurate analyses of coating problems, and advance the industry’s understanding of the performance characteristics of protective coatings and abrasive media. Accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 (Testing Cert. #2455.01), KTA’s Coating Laboratory is the premier provider of forensic evaluations, a veritable ‘CSI’ of coating system failure investigations.