Pencil Hardness Testing of Coatings ASTM D3363
KTA-Tator offers Pencil Hardness Testing of Coatings to meet ASTM D3363: Standard Test Method for Film Hardness by Pencil Test. Hardness, when applied to a coating, is the capacity of a given coated service to resist scratching.
Our Pencil Hardness Testing Includes:
- Testing of One (1) Sample
- Testing using multiple pencil hardness’s ranging from 6B to 9H (softest to hardest)
- Testing is done at 23±2°C and 50±5% relative humidity Test conducted at 23 ± 1°C
- Results Reporting
- Test panels should be smooth and rigid.
- The minimum panel size is 4” x 6”.
Need A Custom Quote for Testing? Click Send Custom Order for A Custom Quote.
Sample Submission Process:
- Place Your Order
- Complete Chain of Custody (COC) Forms
- Forms will be sent to the email listed during checkout.
- Ship Your Samples Per the Test Guidelines Above
- Please Print Your Order Confirmation and Include it with Each Sample Shipment.
- Receive Your Report
- Our Laboratory will send your final report to the email provided.
WHY USE KTA?
KTA’s comprehensive lab services provide clients with independent, accurate analyses of coating problems, and advance the industry’s understanding of the performance characteristics of protective coatings and abrasive media. Accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 (Testing Cert. #2455.01), KTA’s Coating Laboratory is the premier provider of forensic evaluations, a veritable ‘CSI’ of coating system failure investigations.