Impact Resistance Testing of Organic Coatings
KTA-Tator offers Impact Resistance Testing of Organic Coatings to meet ASTM D2794: Standard Test Method for Resistance of Organic Coatings to the Effects of Rapid Deformation (Impact). This test method for impact resistance has been found to be useful in predicting the performance of organic coatings for their ability to resist cracking caused by rapid deformation.
Our Impact Resistance Testing Includes:
- Testing of (4) coated cold rolled steel samples
- Testing using an Indenter with a 0.5” diameter hemispherical head
- Visual examination for cracking using a magnifier
- Test conducted at 23 ± 1°C
- Results Reporting
- The specification requires that coating be applied to one side of a minimum of four 0.025” thick steel panels
- Please specify if testing should be intrusion (direct) or extrusion (reverse) impact
- For samples requiring low voltage holiday detector cracking determination, please add that extra service prior to processing your order. $50
- For samples requiring copper sulfate cracking determination, please add that extra service prior to processing your order. $50
- For samples requiring testing at 0 or -20°C, please add that extra service prior to processing your order. $75
Need A Custom Quote for Testing? Click Send Custom Order for A Custom Quote.
Sample Submission Process:
- Place Your Order
- Complete Chain of Custody (COC) Forms
- Forms will be sent to your email used at checkout once your order has been purchased.
- Ship Your Samples Per the Test Guidelines Above
- Please Print Your Order Confirmation and Include it with Each Sample Shipment.
- Receive Your Report
- Our Laboratory will send your final report to the email provided during checkout.
WHY USE KTA?
KTA’s comprehensive lab services provide clients with independent, accurate analyses of coating problems, and advance the industry’s understanding of the performance characteristics of protective coatings and abrasive media. Accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 (Testing Cert. #2455.01), KTA’s Coating Laboratory is the premier provider of forensic evaluations, a veritable ‘CSI’ of coating system failure investigations.