Durometer Hardness Testing
KTA-Tator offers Durometer Hardness Testing to meet ASTM D2240: Standard Test Method for Rubber Property – Durometer Hardness. Durometer Hardness is used to determine the relative hardness of various “soft” materials. The test measures the penetration into the material under a specified condition.
Our Durometer Hardness Testing Includes:
- Testing of One (1) Material
- Report Delivery
- Coatings can be submitted as free films or on a support substrate
- The specification requires a minimum coating thickness is 6.0mm unless it is known that equivalent results can be obtained with a thinner specimen
- Monolithic materials must be at least 6.0 mm thick
- Samples must be flat and at least 2” x 2” large
- Please specify whether Durometer scale A or D should be used
Need A Custom Quote for Testing? Click Send Custom Order For A Quote.
Sample Submission Process:
- Place Your Order
- Complete Chain of Custody (COC) Forms
- Forms will be sent to the email provided during checkout once your order has been purchased.
- Ship Your Samples Per the Test Guidelines Above
- Please Print Your Order Confirmation and Include it with Each Sample Shipment.
- Receive Your Report
- Our Laboratory will send your final report to the email used at checkout.
WHY USE KTA?
KTA’s comprehensive lab services provide clients with independent, accurate analyses of coating problems, and advance the industry’s understanding of the performance characteristics of protective coatings and abrasive media. Accredited by the American Association for Laboratory Accreditation (A2LA) in accordance with ISO/IEC 17025 (Testing Cert. #2455.01), KTA’s Coating Laboratory is the premier provider of forensic evaluations, a veritable ‘CSI’ of coating system failure investigations.