Basic Coatings Inspection Course/ QP1 QC Inspector training (3 ½ day):
Who should attend?
This course offers intensive, interactive training for inspectors, contractors, engineers, facility owners, and all those responsible for quality control or quality assurance during industrial surface preparation and coating application operations. The course is recommended for those planning to participate in NACE and/or SSPC inspector certification courses.
- Corrosion theory and control
- Quality assurance and quality control personnel – roles and responsibilities
- Surface preparation techniques, equipment, standards and inspection
- Coating application techniques, equipment, standards and inspection
- Coating types and characteristics, coating systems, estimating coating quantities
- Coating failures and avoidance through inspection
- Written (objective) and practical (instrument use) examinations
- Coating inspection instrument use
- Inspection plan development and simulated coatings inspection
- Airless and conventional spray application
2017 Course Dates
- May 23-26, 2017
- September 26-29, 2017
- November 7-10, 2017
- December 12-15, 2017
- General Registration $800.00
- Early Payment $750.00 (Payments received 14 days or more, prior to the training date)
Coatings Inspection Instrument Workshop (1 day):
Designed for facility owners, engineers, industrial painting contractors, coating manufacturers, inspectors and others, this workshop details the proper procedures for using instruments and visual guides for verifying the quality of surface preparation and coating application work, as well as kits for sampling and testing for surface soluble salts, and kits for testing the adhesion of coatings.
The KTA publication, “Using Coatings Inspection Instruments,” 3rd Edition by W.D. Corbett, is included with the workshop fee. Lunch will be provided.
Contact: Debbie Morelli at 412.788.1300 x 187 or email email@example.com for more information on Coatings Inspection Instrument Workshop Dates.
- General Registration $300.00
- Early Payment $250.00 (Payments received 14 days or more, prior to the training date)